Stress is now almost part of our daily routine. Besides family and surroundings we also have to face stress at our workplace. Stress leads to increase in blood pressure and finally leads to anxiety and depression. Long term effects of stress can lead to fatigue, skin and hair problems, lack of sleep and stomach upset. Luckily nature has provided us with certain activities which can surely help reduce stress, guaranteed.
10 ways to reduce stress
- Number 10 – Make a list of 10 people who get you stressed and unfollow them from social media.
- Number 9 – Listen to music or if you can play a musical instrument, play it everyday.
- Number 8 – Write down with a pen and paper. Your thoughts, a story or a poem. Writing a diary will also work wonders.
- Number 7 – Go out with your friends, the people whom you like to be with.
- Number 6 – Yoga in particular suryanamaskar will help you with stress as well as health. Do the 4 sec breathing exercise regularly.
- Number 5 – Pick up a hobby and follow it. Maybe a game or sport if you have time.
- Number 4 – A daily walk in a park or garden even for 15 mins should be enough.
- Number 3 – Gardening is a known way to forget your worries.
- Number 2 – Go for a hike or nature walk.
- Number 1 – Keep a pet. An animal or bird represents unlimited and unbound love. Love is what completely relives stress.
A mother of two, Preeti Bhandari is a colloquial writer. She believes in simple living which reflects in her writings. As the Editor of Narisakti, she intends to use her vast experience to propel this platform to a cult status among entrepreneurial networks.
When not writing she is quilling, both with paper and thoughts.